Thinking of a new shed? Not sure what questions to ask? Below are some frequently asked questions that may help
1. What is the maximum depth that your buildings can span?
Our buildings are engineered to span from 12 metres (30 foot) up to 60 metres (200 foot) clear span and further if needed.
2. Are your buildings compliant with the Building Codes of Australia?
Absolutely. All structures are site specifically engineered by an independent structural engineer.
3. I need help putting my shed through council – can ABC Sheds™ help?
Council applications to be completed by client or a private certifier at clients expense.
4. In order to receive my Be Rewarded! gift card – do I have to place an order with you?
No. If your friend that you referred to us places their order before you – we will still send you your card once their commencement payment has been received.
5. What are the benefits of galvanised columns & trusses?
Whether you live on the coast or not – your shed is exposed to a risk of corrosion. Galvanising is the only solution. A couple of benefits are – the life expectancy of galvanised columns and trusses is far in excess of 50 years. Galvanising also provides a neat even protection for your frame, something that no other coating can do.
6. Can I erect my shed myself?
Certainly. The construction is a simple bolt together process and providing you have the necessary access equipment – it’s easy. Every kit shed comes with footing cages, bolts, screws, downpipes, gutters, flashings and with an installation DVD and a clear set of instructions. You will also be assigned a dedicated project manager that will be willing to assist you throughout the build.
7. I got a price from ABC Sheds™ for the erection of my shed – what is included in that price?
Everything. All pier hole boring and concrete needed for the piers, crane hire, scissor lift hire and accommodation for the erection crew. The only additional expense for our clients will be the concrete for the piers.
8. Are ABC Sheds™ Shed Safe accredited?
Shed Safe accreditation only applies to purlin construction sheds. ABC Sheds use UB columns and open web truss construction which exceeds all building standards and is inherently safer and stronger, so it is not required to have Shed Safe accreditation to prove its strength and safety.
9. Does ABC Sheds™ build garages and carports?
No not as such – our buildings start from 12m deep and go up to 60m.
Need more information? – call us NOW! 1800 44 55 68 and we will be glad to help you out!
FAQ | ABC Sheds