Ah, Australia, the Great Southern Land is also a dry one in 2018!
We are nearly 10 years removed from Australia’s last drought, the ‘Millennium Drought’ which spanned from 2001 to 2009 (2010 in regions across the country). But here we are again. If our history is any indication, this drought may not break for years or at the very least, we are likely to see another drought within the next decade. If you weren’t prepared for the 2018 drought, it is not too late to seek support and drought proof your farm!
NSW Government announced $500 million in funding for the Emergency Drought Relief Package. $190 million to be dedicated for drought transport subsidies, $150 million for the Farm Innovation fund infrastructure program and $100 million to contribute to the waiver of government fees and charges.
Drought Transport Subsidies
- $20,000 per eligible farm. Applicants can back date to Jan 1, 2018 to claim additional freight expenses
Farm innovation Fund
- A low interest loan scheme to promote infrastructure development on farm land. Up to $250,000 available for development of sheds, storage and more. Speak to our team to find out more.
Drought Assistance Fund – $50,000 one off, interest free loan
- Cover freight costs associated with transport of Livestock, Water and Fodder
- Promote Infrastructure for Water and Fodder
Drought Communities Program
- Speak to your council today about the ‘Drought Communities Program’. Applicable to Councils in drought stricken areas to fund infrastructure.
- Regional Investment Corporation offering 5 years free of interest for eligible applications to finance immediate necessities such as stock-feed and infrastructure.
$20,000 Tax write-off
write-off eligible assets that cost less than $20,000 each. pool most other depreciating assets that cost $20,000 or more. write-off the small business pool balance if it is less than $20,000 at the end of the income year. only claim a deduction for the portion of the asset used for business or other taxable uses. More information here
Waivers on government fess and charges
Local Land Services Rates will be waived for all landholders for 2019!
Class 1 Agricultural Conditional Registration fees will be waived for new registrations and renewals. More information here
Farm Innovation Fund interest charges will be waived.
Take advantage of these offers to drought proof today!
Speak to our team today to discover how you can maximise your infrastructure and minimalise effects from drought.
Hay and commodity storage can save you!
AI Responsive Gallery Album
Storage of feed and shelter for your stock can make a huge difference during drought periods. Prices rise for feed during drought, obviously as a result of a lack of resources available. Reverse this trend by storing your feed and save money during the hard times. Yard covers provide shade for livestock and with Summer on its way, without an end in sight for the drought, protect your livestock and when the sky finally breaks, you’ll also have a water catchment solution to fill those water tanks!